This page provides an easy to read set of Terms and Conditions that apply when booking on Equinox Training courses. The details here are a summary version of our full Terms and Conditions - Equinox IT Training Courses.
Thank you for selecting Equinox Training as your training provider for this course. Equinox Training is part of New Zealand-owned technical IT consultancy Equinox IT. We are looking forward to providing these services to you.
Equinox IT is committed to delivering a training experience that is consistent with the standards of skill and care expected of professional, practising consultants.
To deliver a quality training experience we need some information from you about yourself, your organisation and / or the context of the training need. If that information changes or you notice that we have interpreted it correctly, please let us know.
All course prices listed by Equinox IT exclude GST.
Intellectual property and licensing
- Equinox IT and our third-party training providers invest in the intellectual property that forms our training courses. We are keen to give you the benefit of our and our third party intellectual property. The ownership of that intellectual property remains with us.
- Attending our training courses gives course attendees the ability to use our intellectual property as contained in the training course materials and instructor briefings for individual training and development purposes. Our course material and the intellectual property within that course material is licensed – not sold - to you for this purpose. And the licence is to the course attendee. It cannot be transferred.
- In working together on the organising and delivery of the training, we may have access to confidential information from you, and you may have access to confidential information from us. We each agree that we will keep that information confidential.
- We each agree we won't pass on confidential information to a third party without consent from the other party, unless required to by law.
- This excludes any information that wasn’t confidential at the time that it was accessed, or has since become public knowledge.
- Personal information provided during the training course registration process will be used to register you on the course or courses and keep you informed of the status and details relating to the course or courses you have booked on. As a professional training organisation Equinox Training does retain training course attendance records for all courses.
- At the completion of each training course you will be asked to complete an evaluation form for the course and we will use this information to continue to improve our training services.
- Equinox Training does take registrations for training courses that are delivered by our training partners. When you register through Equinox Training on a course that is delivered by our training partners we will provide your personal registration information to them to complete the registration process. Other than this circumstance we will not provide your personal registration information to any business partner or other third party without your prior permission.
- When registering for our training courses you will be given the option to update your privacy settings, where you can agree to Equinox Training contacting you by email with updates, event information and offers. You are not obliged to sign up and you may unsubscribe at any time from these emails.
- Equinox Training is not responsible for any travel, accommodation and other disbursements associated with attending a training course. These are the responsibility of the person registered on the course or their employer.
- If Equinox Training is running a training course at your place or a place that you have organised, we will make sure that our people comply with your policies and rules. If your people are attending a training course at our premises or a training location that we have organised, you will make sure that your course attendees will comply with our policies and rules.
- We each agree that for a period of six months after the training course date, we won't approach the other with offers of employment.
Cancellation, termination and if something uncontrollable happens
- We understand that things can change, and equally you will understand that we make bookings and schedule our workload where courses have been confirmed.
- If you cancel or change your registration on a public course, we will give a full refund or book you onto the next available course where you provide more than 10 day's notice and 50% refund where you provide less than 10 day's notice. If there is no notice given then no refund will be given.
- If you cancel or change an in-house course after you have signed a Training Terms of Reference, you will be charged the full course fee.
- Where we have to make changes to a course date or cancel a course we will let you know as soon as possible, and discuss with you the options available. Where we cancel a course we will refund you any fees that have been paid.
- In the extreme event that we need to terminate our agreement for the course, we will discuss with you the reasons why and provide an opportunity for those reasons to be resolved.
- In the event that the cancellation or non-attending of a course is due to reasons beyond your or our control we will discuss what options are available to work around the situation.
Registration, confirmation and payment for public courses
- On receipt of a course registration, Equinox Training will email a Tax Invoice to the person specified as the Order Contact.
- Once an order has been approved, Equinox Training will send a course confirmation email to each attendee with relevant details regarding the course.
- Payment is required in full before course commencement.
- Equinox Training may cancel the course placement where payment has not been received prior to course commencement.
- Payment can be made by cheque, cash, direct debit, or Visa or MasterCard credit card.
Credit card payments and refunds for public courses
- We only accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards.
- Where you notify us that you wish to pay by credit card, we will provide you with a secure web page for you to enter your credit card details. Your credit card transaction will be securely processed directly by our credit card payment gateway provider. Equinox Training will not receive or store any credit card details.
- Where you are eligible for a partial or full refund and have paid by credit card, we will refund the amount owed into to the same credit card account that was used to make payment.
Logistics and catering for public courses
- Course times are normally 9am to 5pm on each day of the course.
- Lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea are provided on each day of public courses.
- We will make our best efforts to accommodate special dietary requirements.
Course content and structure changes for in-house courses
- We are happy to work with you to customise our training material to meet your specific requirements. There may be a fee charged for doing this. We will agree the nature and scope of the changes, and the fees ahead of commencing the work.
Registration, confirmation and payment for in-house courses
- Unless otherwise agreed, Equinox Training will issue an invoice for in-house training courses. Payment is due on the 20th of the month following the date of the invoice.
- Once the Terms of Reference for the in-house training course we will ask for a purchase order number that we will put onto the invoice.
- The course booking can be changed or cancelled up until the time that the Training Terms of Reference for the in-house training course is signed.
Logistics and catering for in-house courses
- Course times are normally 9am to 5pm on each day of the course.
- Unless otherwise agreed, Equinox Training does not provide the venue or catering for in-house training courses.